IFOS optical fiber sensing systems measure temperature, static load, dynamic strain and acoustic emission monitoring and NDT of critical infrastructural assets in oil & gas boreholes, directional drilling, wind turbines, nuclear plants, smart grid, high-voltage cables and many other energy applications.
- Using IFOS R*Sense® DTS-01 for
- distributed temperature sensing in oil & gas borehole logging
- distributed temperature sensing and fire detection along cables, conduits and structures
- Using IFOS I*Sense™ 48K for
- health and usage monitoring (HUM) of wind turbine blades, leading to structural health monitoring (SHM), failure prognostics and condition based maintenance (CBM).
- Using IFOS I*Sense™ HS48M for
- partial discharge and corona detection in high voltage cables
- on line monitoring of acoustic events, strain and temperature history in cables, concrete, pipes and pressure vessel structures in life-extended aging light water nuclear reactor sustenance (LWRS) and in new small modular reactor (SMR) constructions
- Using IFOS G*Sense FOG for directional drilling (DD) and measurement while drilling (MWD) in horizontal wells and near metallic casings in areas with compromised magnetic lines
Leveraging its optical sensing expertise in harsh environments involving high radiation, extreme temperatures and pressures, IFOS has developed an advanced optical sensing platform that can be adapted for use in nuclear and other power plants to replace labor intensive off line monitoring with continuous online monitoring. By reducing installation and operational costs, IFOS intends to further develop and commercialize the system for applications requiring health and usage monitoring, leading to advanced prognostics of critical assets.